What are operators suffering about their legacy network
Costly MaintenanceObsolescence, Repairs
Constant Operational "Nursing"Continuous in field operations
Fibre WasteLow Utilization fibre/capacity
Real Estate HeavyweightSeveral racks space
Network FragmentationLayered network leading to multi-provision of each service
Our Solution Benefit
Converging all traffic over OTN
including low-speed services
Complete decommissioning of any SDH/PDH equipment.
Not SDH in-disguise but true E1oOTN
NO impact to customer CPE or SLA:
Uninterrupted seamless service
Customer SLAs unchanged (TDM to TDM)
Complete compatibility with existing equipment
Ring-by-Ring migration strategy
for a time/cost aimed intervetions
Network delayering with easy approach, targeting most
critical rings first with progressive and control interventions
Modernization of the Metro-Access
ready for next-gen services
Full OTN/WDM infrastructure, with a massive capacity boost,
lowest latency and preserving synch distribution
- The LM-1 micro OTN based solution allows the decommissioning of the legacy PDH and SDH network. Eliminating with the obsolete hardware all the related issues of maintenance, repair and spare parts driving in-field cannibalization that often results in a complete mismatch between what’s deployed and what is in the network design database.
- The size and purpose built hardware also drastically reduces power consumption and occupied space.
- LM-1 micro OTN natively transports services over OTN. While OTN starts its mapping as low as 1GbEth service, the innovation of this solution allow to map over OTN services of as low speed as E1. Consequently today’s STM-1 rings will be transformed to ODU1 rings, boosting access ring capacity sixteen times.
- Furthermore being all services transported over a single OTN layer, the network can be either benefit of existing WDM infrastructure, contributing to the de-layering of the network, or extend the WDM layer to the access, ready to support any low-latency high capacity services e.g. 5G, residential video applications or caching/datacentre links.
- This network migration does not impact the whole network from days1. LM-1 micro OTN transformation addresses a ring-by-ring migration, allowing operators to tackle first the access/metro ring with the highest needs of intervention (either hardware obsolescence, or capacity limits). This approach permits a step conversion that gradually modernizes the whole infrastructure. Furthermore the LM-1 block architecture allows operator to expand any node in the network maintaining at all-time a single NE at every site, and always the best technology fit according to that site needs.
- SM-Optics has developed automated tools for the analysis of the in-field equipment, services path and hardware configuration conversion to the new network layout.
- The analysis, migration services and new network set-up including hardware, are part of the SM-Optics Network Modernization service.
- All the processes will be customized and integrated with the customer approval process.